Saturday, January 20, 2007

Dedication

This is Aunty Jen--and this is the first post on Lucas D.'s blog. Lucas was born May 12, 2006. I don't even know the weight I was when I was born, so how would I ever possibly know how much Lucas weighed? Except he was a big-un.

I ran across the freeway, the wind whipping my hair in a twirling mass so I had to yank it out of my eyes as I looked both ways yet again. Across the median was my sister-in-law and mother, and my new nephew--once I made the final sprint across and laid eyes on the dark brown skin of this new baby, the tears rushed down my face. I hate crying in public--because it is so easy to just let loose and let all the pent-up emotion free, springing forth in raging fury. I was in a rush to get to Spokane to catch a flight to D.C. and since the new wee one was on his way home, we scheduled the meeting stop so I could see him. He was beautiful. So small, so fragile. So perfect. I fell in love, and will do anything to ensure his happiness and good welfare in life.

Now, eight months later, I walk in the door and his eyes alight on my face and a grin creeps across his face. My heart melts yet again. I whisk him up, smother him with hugs and kisses as he squeels in delight, and I know that he is the most beautiful precious little boy, and that I am truly blessed to be a part of his amazing life. He has already had a hard knock to begin with, and this is only the beginnings of pain for him as he traverses the globe of his emotions. But he will not just survive, but thrive, because he has us. All of us--16 in the immediate aunt/uncle/grandparent/cousin range. We stick together. We love each other. We live and die together.

Lucas, we are your family, and we love you.

This blog is dedicated to your growth, so that all sixteen of us, and then the extended great-grandparents and such can view you as you change and mature.

All My Love,
Jenilyn

1 comments:

Grandma Melody said...

Yes, Lucas, we love you, soooooooo much!