Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Doctor Day=Babysitting

Email is about the only way to reach me these days and so realizing this, Rachel shot me an email saying she really needed someone to watch the old chap while she went for a pap. Seriously now.

She huffed and puffed with the heavy kid up the three flights to my office where we promptly all walked down again. I bundled the wee one up, waved bye bye to mom, and the kid and I were off! I met a group of friends who ooed and awed over him because honestly, he's just the cutest kid out there. I say that unabashedly. It's true.

And then I noticed his little blue cheeks and little shivers and teeth chattering. I couldn't help but be melted by that so I ran pushing the stroller, bookbag bouncing, careening down the street to get him home and bundled up.

Whereupon arriving at home, he promptly raced over to the letters prepared by Dr. Dodds for our Amnesty International events and chewed a hole right through two of them.

He's a little motorboy! He gets everywhere with his cute little buns waddling back and forth as he hauls across carpets, linoliums, maneuvers through chairs and other obsticles to reach his ultimate destination. He has his goal in sight and nothing, but NOTHING is going to stop him. Ok, so I guess he is easily distracted, but that's about the only way.

And there is my pseudo-story. He's cute. The End.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liked the pseudo story. You are right he is just too cute! He can wow any lady, even now.
S. L.

Grandma Melody said...

What a cute story! And what an adorable Grandchild I have. I love him with all my heart.

Anonymous said...

Jen, you are an incredible story teller! Love, Mom