Saturday, March 17, 2007

Pondering the great truths of dirt

Hmmm... This dirt has a unique taste.
Can't decide exactly what it is about it...
Sure is good, though! The next day while we were at Cradle Roll we were singing a song about playing in the sand. Lucas plays in the sand with so much gusto that I thought that I'd just keep him on my lap for the song. But his teacher, Opal, asked if Lucas wanted to play in the sand. So against my better judgement, I took him up to play in the sand. Now the other kids will play in the sand gingerly with maybe one hand. Not my boy! Both hands immediately dug into the sand quickly followed by a face plant. He was bound and determined to eat that sand just as he had the dirt the day before. I just smiled to myself as Opal quickly thrust her hand into the sand box thwarting Lucas' efforts. Boys are so full of fun and energy!

3 comments:

Me said...

This photo definitely looks like he is contemplating the taste of the earth. Always a good experience for a child. :-) I ate grasshoppers. I'd sit and wait for them to come by and then grab them and pop them into my mouth. Very crunchy.

Anonymous said...

Well, our family does everything with great gusto. Guess the genes got passed down! Grandma Melody

Me said...

Of course, if Lucas eats bugs that doesn't that mean he's not a veggie?

:-)