Saturday, April 7, 2007

My New Words

Mommy has been trying to teach me baby sign language for probably 5-6 months now. Boy, did I surprise her this week. While she was changing my diaper, she was telling me to say change. When I did, mommy's mouth fell open. But she still wasn't quite sure what I was saying. So later on that day, I had a poopy diaper. She asked me if I needed to be changed and I signed the word. Mommy ran into the office to tell Daddy of my new accomplishment.
I also can sign nurse. I can say Mama and Dada. Mom thinks I have very good language skills for a little guy just shy of 11 months old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I watched him last Thursday, he signed to me that he had a poopy diaper. I thought I didn't understand him correctly because he didn't do it again, so I just shrugged without going to investigate.

Later, while playing with the chump, I smelled him.

PEWEE. He had filled his bag. Not a pleasant experience, but sometimes one must suck it up like a good princess and do the dirty work. I think I should have listened to him the first time....

~Jen

Anonymous said...

I had heard that babies can sign before they can talk and Lucas you proved them right! So, if Mommy teaches you more sign language then she will know more about what you are thinking and what you want! How fun! Lots of love, Grandma Melody