Saturday, June 7, 2008

Jobs

Happy Sabbath to all,
We were all set to move to Ridgecrest. Than we noticed that the job offer was a tentative one. Maybe there is still hope to stay here. Rick contacted The China Lake Naval Base a week ago to tell them that he'd accept their offer. The caveat is that there were 20 + pages to be filled out and turned in. Then they will go over them and make a "firm" job offer. So, we aren't locked in yet.
Thursday Vista Engineering ( where Rick had been working at a temp. job) contacted him to see if he could back as a temp. employee.
Rick had done an interview with them 2 weeks ago about getting on as a permanent employee. He emailed them back saying he was available and what was the chance of coming back as a permanent employee? Jim replied, "very good." Rick is supposed to meet with him on Monday and discuss the possibilities.
I hope I'm not getting my hopes up too high. I want to stay here so badly for so many reasons. You guys living here are such good friends. Lucas has friends here. We've got a great church family. We have a nice house- I don't want to sell it. I don't want to have to set up another massage business and go through the licensing process in another state. There are green trees and green grass here. It isn't a desert with snakes and cactus and sagebrush!
If you all would keep this matter in prayers we'd appreciate it immensely. I wish God had a bill board telling us where he wants us. But, I suppose that if He did we'd just thumb our noses and do what we pleased. I know ultimately we'll be happiest with where ever He wants us.
Oh, if you all were wondering why I wasn't at church today. My kids have colds. I figured you wouldn't appreciate us "sharing" that with you.
-Rachel

2 comments:

Laura said...

Good - there's still hope you'll stay! :) We missed seeing you, but hope you'll all be well soon!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are praying hard. Much love, Melody