Saturday, September 26, 2009

My nails are pretty like yours!

I'll bet most of you think I've dropped off the planet. Well, thankfully you're wrong. I still do reside here on Planet Mom in Walla Walla. Life happens. So does laziness and lack of motivation. I'm not completely sure which is the largest factor in the lack of blogging for the past couple of weeks.I'll see what I can come up with that worth talking about today.

Cute story from yesterday. I was ATTEMPTING to rest on the couch. My three lovely little munchkins were making it nigh unto impossible. The girls didn't sleep as well or as long as I thought they should. Lucas insisted he needed to cuddle with me on the little couch. If you've ever have visited my home, you'd know there is no room on the little couch for cuddling and resting with my three year old bundle of bouncing boy.
I noticed while trying to rest that his finger nails were alarmingly long and filthy. I asked him to retrieve the nail clippers so I could care for the mess. "I can do it, Momma!", off he trotted to the bathroom. He meant he thought he could clip his nails himself. I thought, 'oh well, the worst he can to is to clip them too short and have sore fingers.' About 5 minutes later, he gingerly climbed over me with nail clippers in hand. What had he been doing? Painting his toe nails with my pathetic gloppy nail polish. He was very careful so he wouldn't smudge them while climbing up. He said, "my nails are pretty like yours!"
My aren't so pretty. They're in desperate need of some nail polish remover and a clipper too. Oh well, it made him happy to have something pretty.
On a side note, my bathroom didn't suffer too much damage. I've yet to attempt to clean the polish off the counter. Maybe I'll borrow some nail polish remover and care for my nails and the counter at the same time.
I've got to go and get ready for church, have my worship, and dress my little ones. Happy Sabbath all!

0 comments: