Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mexican cook and other stories...

At first she wanted to be a mommy and have lots and lots of babies. But a new love has stolen her away.... The love of cooking and eating her favorite food, Mexican. "When I grow up I'm gonna be a Mexican cook!" she stoutly declares. That's fine. She can do that. God has all kinds of different jobs and talents for people.

Yesterday while making soup, sauteing mushrooms, parsley and garlic I asked my little helper to come stir for me. I put her up on her little table and handed her a bamboo spoon. The steam scared her. "I don't want to be a cook anymoy ( anymore) !" "But Mexican cooks, cook vegetables like that Abrianna." I gently informed her. Now she's gonna be some other kind of cook, that doesn't require sauteing.

A few days ago, Grandma came to visit. What could be more fun than a slumber party with her? A slumber party with a Bible story, bingo played with jelly beans, then sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags.

Grandma was running a bit behind and decided to change in the room with the kids. Lucas buried his head in his pillow while Abrianna watched. A shocked look crossed her face, "Grandma! I didn't know you were a MOMMY!" she gasped. Grandma went on to explain that yes, she was a mommy before she was a grandma. Later on, I explained to her that when little girls grow up all of them grow the right equipment to become mommy even if they never have nor nurse a baby.

When I make food Abrianna loves she declares, "You're the best mommy in the whole WORLD!" to which Abigayle mimic, "whole world!". Makes a momma feel special. When I make food she doesn't like, "You're not the best mommy in the whole world!"( said with a semi pouty face). Hmmmm... This momma's supposed to perform?

4 comments:

Leilani said...

Abrianna is cracking me up. I didn't know you were a Mommy! hahhaha.

Leilani said...

Abrianna is cracking me up. I didn't know you were a Mommy! hahhaha.

Leilani said...

Abrianna is cracking me up.

Lisa said...

LOL!! Yep, you just never know what kind of new information you're going to find out from your kids or what is suddenly going to "click" in their mind at some random moment! This is never a boring job, is it?!