Monday, August 11, 2008

Minnesota


Hello from the green
state of Minnesota!
My brother Kyle took these pictures of Lucas with his cousin Jadon. Alyssa is into Cowboys/horses and Kyle's into the Civil War- hence the hats.
I'm sure you've all heard through the grapevine by now, that Rick has a job in the tri-cities. He started a week ago.
My mother has a saying, "God is seldom early, but never late".
I had resigned myself to the fact that God must want us to move. Rick was to leave Thursday the 31st. He received a job offer from Vista Engineering on Wednesday. He hadn't heard back from the city of Walla Walla either. The city was supposed to call him back by Thursday. So, he called them and they said to call back Friday morning. That seemed to be cutting things really close to me. Long story short,Vista Engineering ( Rick worked there for several months as a temp. employee) offered Rick a job for $4,000 more per year.That ought to cover the extra commuting costs. We already have health, vision, and dental insurance. Hurrah! The vacation days and paid holidays are comparable too. We get to keep our house. My business will remain intact too:-)
The kids and I will be flying back to the state of Washington Thursday.
See you all soon.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Yeah on the job!! I've been wondering and worrying, but knew it was all in God's hands. Glad you are having a chance with your family too. :)

Jenee' said...

Yea! That is exciting news! Have a safe trip home!! to WW:)

Laura said...

That is SUCH good news for all of you and for us, your friends! :) What a relief! I'm glad you're enjoying time with family and it's exciting that your baby girl is laughing! How cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Great news Rachel! Thanx for the update on Job and children. sl