Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tales of Potty Training

Look at that concentration...
He puts his own underwear on. Notice the waist band. His right leg is through it.
For the past couple of weeks Lucas has been telling me, "I pooping mommy" or "Lucas gassy!" If he's that cognizant of his excretory system he's ready to do it in the pot. So, Saturday night I told him if he pooped and peed in the potty, he could pick a sticker. So Sunday morning we trekked down to K-mart to buy big boy underwear and pull-up. Whew! Pull-up are wicked expensive. I had know idea I'd pay $16.00 + for a single pack. It cheaper to outfit his in underwear.
The sticker idea worked for a short time. But I needed to come up with a better idea. Then it hit me. He absolutely loves the movie "cars". I told him that every time he used his potty he could watch 5 minutes. It worked. Except for maybe being a little damp in the morning ( not sure if he peed during the night or sweat ed ) he hasn't had an accident for the past 2+ days. Its going really good. I still don't trust taking him into social situations. I think that he'd be too distracted playing to remember when he had to go. Needless to say, I'm popping my buttons with my newly/ almost (fingers crossed) little 27 month old boy.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm laughing so hard -- this is CUTE! Go Lucas!!

Tammy said...

Yeah Lucas!! Yep, both Kim and John would forget if they were playing, until it was too late and they had wet pants. It seemed to take forever, but in reality it was short compared to how quickly they grow up.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking this last picture of Lucas, wit his rump in the air and underwear on wrong, should be his Senior photo in highschool!!!! Or at least on a montage for his wedding.

YES???!!!!!!!!!!!

~Jen

Anonymous said...

Yay Lucas! I agree with Jen! What a cute little sweety.
sl