Thursday, October 7, 2010

Walking

A slightly brisk sunny morning walk. Ahh... Bliss... But was it? Not quite...
Abrianna ( like any good mommy) wanted to take all three of her babies on the walk in the stroller. Two were descent sized and one was about 2 1/2 inches tall- Strawberry Shortcake.
I suppose I was pushing it a bit on the walk. Abigayle was begging for her nap on the way back. She was happy as long as she was being carried.
We passed a couple with three young and friendly golden retrievers. I kept Jasper ( our German Shepherd) back while informing the couple that even though their dogs were friendly mine was not.
Arriving back at home, I was unloading the stroller when Abrianna burst into tear. "My Stawberry cupcake!" She wailed. I moved both girls out of the stroller and proceeded to search. No dice. Okay... Back into the stroller and back out of the walking trail. We walked the whole thing over searching unsuccessfully for the missing doll- passing once again those friendly golden retrievers.
Abrianna was upset over the missing baby. I figured she was just plain tired too. I gathered my children onto my bed with the idea of a nap or at least a rest. Abrianna sobbed for 10 minutes about that missing baby. What could I do? I'd looked.
So distraction seemed a good idea. They soaked up 45 minutes of reading. Abigayle had a short nap. Time to try to get some things done.
Abrianna climbed up to the table to work on her leftovers from breakfast. Happy giggling erupted. There she was. How she arrived there we can guess. Strawberry Shortcake was sitting next to her place at the table. Thank you LORD!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool! HE knew how important the little "cupcake" was to HIS little girl. ac