Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Rude awakening

Abigayle was begging me for a nap today. Usually we wait until 1 or 2 but it was noon by the time she'd journeyed onto the land of nod.
I snuggled her against me and walked to my room to lay her down. Her eyes popped open as her little hands clutched for me. The teething has been making it particularly difficult for her to stay asleep.
I lay down and nursed her back to sleep. "A few more minutes and maybe I can sneak back out into the other room and get some things done", I thought.
Nope. Horrible shrieking ensued as my little orange-head tore into my room clutching an empty water bottle while hot on her heals was her big brother, a bowl of water in hand.
Mommy was supposed to be a safe haven. Nope. Not today.  Momma and baby were unceremoniously drenched in cold water aimed at little orange head.
I don't care how well your baby sleeps... Mine WILL NOT sleep when cold water is thrown in her face. She never did go back to sleep but she did go to sleep several hours early this evening.

0 comments: