Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Beautiful Hair

Monday Emberley was "off her feed" due to teething causing double mastitis. I laid down at a quarter to 7 with baby. A short while later, the door cracked open and little feet padded across the floor accompanied by grunts of exertion as she scrambled up to join me on the bed.
She snuggled in next to me gently stroking my hair saying, "boo ti ful!" This was immediately followed by some snuffing. Was she smelling me or blowing her nose in my hair? "Abby what are you doing?  Smelling your hair" she replied.  "What does it smell like?" I asked. " Ketchup!" Okay... was that a compliment?
Next she fumbled in the dark, coming up with a container of coconut oil, smearing it on my head. ( Didn't realize what she was doing till it was done.) "There! " came the triumphant voice. " You smell boo ti 'iful! bursting into song, "boo ti' ful, boo ti'ful, Jesus makes boo ti' ful!"
A few minutes later she added the final touch with a stuffed soft baby ring of a crown. Yes, my dear. Now mommy's boo ti 'iful.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh what a sweetie! :) Hope it wasn't toooo messy...

Rachel said...

She didn't put too much in Laura.