Thursday, March 14, 2013

What NOT to do....

Day 3 of reaction

Its beginning to heal.

Looking so much better.

Sabbath February 16th Abrianna had a strange looking rash on her arm. Abby had pink stamps from Oriental Trading company marking her arms.
Sunday Rick and Lucas went skiing. Abrianna walked by and I asked to see her arm. To my horror it was angry red and covered in large blisters. Then I noticed on top of the pink stamps on Abby's arm blisters where forming! I applied charcoal to help counter act whatever was going on. But it didn't help. Then came baking soda. No better. So I called their doctor ( who happens to work the Sunday clinic) and took them in. His immediate reaction was that they were burned. Uhhhh... Nooo..... No burns from water anyway. His next thought was impetigo a strep or staph infection. Taking a culture he sent it away to the lab sending me home with instructions to keep triple anti-biotic ointment applied to prevent the spread of infection. The blisters did spread as they burst. Nobody else was affected.  I sent away pictures and a request for reimbursement for medical costs to the company. We'll see what happens. We are hoping that the scars fade away. They still look bad 4 weeks afterwards.

0 comments: