Monday, May 28, 2018

God's protection at South Fork

Last time we went to South Fork in July of 2017, we met up with a rattle snake separating us from our girls. This Sabbath we met other interesting experiences.
We were invited to go to the Michael's for lunch then out to South Fork to hike. It was a relaxing day of hiking and playing in the river with NO snakes.
Upon arriving back at the vehicles,  Tiffany asked if I wanted to make sure the van would start before they headed off for home. ( I have had several times recently when it wouldn't start or run)
I walked around and started the van leaving the door open. Caleb immediately scrambled up on the drivers seat.
Rick called for the kids to come to the passenger side front of the van to see what a tick looked like- can you believe my kids don't know what ticks look like??? I walked to the back of the van noticing a pile of kiddos treasures on the back bumper. All of a sudden, the van began to creep forward towards the rushing river. (I must insert here that I thought we were maybe 10 feet from it when in reality it was more like 20 feet.)
Panicking I shrieked and began running towards the front of the van. Rick and Lucas both thought I was the driver. It took a moment to registered with them that I was the one screaming instead of driving. Rick reacted quickly clambering into the passenger side and shoving the gear shift lever into park- wincing and hoping the transmission wasn't stripping out. The van came to a rest 2-3 feet from where I had parked it the front end pressing into the bushes.
Tears of relief and fear of what almost happened sprang into my eyes. But my baby was safe. Praise God. I waited for my heart to stop pounding and the shaky feeling to subside before driving us home.
We felt God's protection very strongly that day. Thank You LORD for your protection. Here on some other pictures from the weekend.




0 comments: