Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Dove

We were out enjoying a walk in the warm spring-like weather this afternoon. Abrianna was playing in the grass and Lucas swinging on the swing in the park, when, lo and behold a dove landed on the top pole of the swing set.
Initially, Lucas had a hard time figuring out where we were pointing. Then the dove fluttered to the ground and started poking around. Lucas wanted down to try and touch it. Turns out this dove had a band on it foot and was very tame. Lucas was within a half an inch of touching it multiple times.
Okay, so if its so tame, I decided that I would catch it and let my kids pet it.
It wasn't difficult to catch. Lucas was thrilled to pet it but Abrianna acted afraid. I let go shortly after wards because I though Jasper was going to take a chunk out if it. He didn't, but we had to keep calling him off and telling him no.
What a nice change for our walk.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. What a cool experience for everyone. ac