Monday, March 2, 2009

Imagination.

Lucas has a vivid imagination. He was telling, me when he grows up like his daddy that he'll open the door for daddy, and he'll take daddy for walks in the stroller or take him outside in the back yard. Or best yet, he'll let his daddy ride his "motorcycle."

I guess that may be true. When Rick's an old man, Lucas probably will take him for walks in the "stroller" and open doors and take him outside too.Maybe he's just foretelling the future.

We're still working on the order things happen in life. I explained to him that we start out as babies, then grow to be little boys/girls/ than bigger boys/girls/ then maybe get married and have our own babies.

This afternoon we walked to the store and back. Lucas was coasting down an hill when something happened and the next thing we know he splatted on the pavement.

When I was talking to him tonight in his room, he was telling me about his day. He told me he'd crashed and that is "wasn't very nice!" then, "I'm going to spank the rock!"
His conclusion was that the rock caused him to hurt his knee. If he hurts others he gets in trouble/disciplined, so the rock must need to be disciplined too.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These stories of the awakening mind are priceless Rachel! I love em!
He's a bright one! ac