Thursday, April 23, 2009

1- year check up

Both Lucas and Josephine were in the land of nod when the time came to leave for Abrianna's 1 year check up.
Graciously, Rick consented to keep an ear out for them, leaving me the luxury of having some one on one time with my precious daughter.
Abrianna passed the developmental milestones with flying colors. In fact, the nurse was so impressed that she read through the 15 month check up and Abrianna already does all of that!
The eczema, Dr. Wren says, will probably not clear up until she's potty trained. Just keep up with what I'm doing, Burt's Bees diaper rash cream. Also recommended giving her a bath every two to three days. YUCK! I'll put up with a bit of eczema and have a CLEAN and SWEET SMELLING daughter, thank you very much!
I also found out that my daughter hasn't gained ANY weight in the past 2 months! She's the same 18 lbs. 8 oz. ( 12%) she was at a 10 month appointment, grrrr!
Dr. Wren said he isn't concerned but he'd like me to feed her more fat in the form of nut butters. When we got into the car to come home, I gave her some animal crackers. Then when we got home a half a banana that I repeatedly smothered in peanut butter and almond butter. She loved it. But what a mess!
On the brighter side, she has grown in height. She's 29 inches (47%) and her head is still large ( 86%)
Anyway.... That's my update for now.

4 comments:

Laura said...

With the amount of dirt your daughter plays in, I HOPE she gets bathed every day!!!

Rachel said...

Yes, I do bathe her daily. Sometimes twice a day! I know my kids get really DIRTY!

Anonymous said...

So, where's the eczema and is there much of it? Love, Grandma Melody

Anonymous said...

Actually, I wouldn't be concerned about the lack of weight gain as she looks plenty plump in her pictures. Babies do that a lot. They gain weight, then go through a growth spurt where then they lose the fat they gained, then they stop growing as fast and gain some fat, then another growth spurt. So, that's what she is doing. Very normal. Love, Grandma Melody