Thursday, December 24, 2009

Arrrggghh Bugs!!!!

I do believe it's normal for each and every child to go through unreasonable fears- sometimes humorous, sometimes frustrating.
Abrianna has shown a slight aversion to bugs in the past. Since arriving at Grandpa and Grandma's in CA it escalated dramatically!

Seated on the high chair eating lunch, a fly buzzed her head. Her eyes grew large as she attempted to scramble out of the high chair and away from that terrifying bug!

Later, we were at Aunt Genni's and Uncle Jeremy's house, I was doing a raindrop treatment in the back room while Abrianna played under the watchful eye of her uncles.

Suddenly from the living room, I heard my daughter's terrified cry. Upon finishing the treatment, I asked what had happened.
Abrianna had been desperately attempting to pluck off a spider web. Uncle Kyle to the rescue and all was well... or was it?
Several minutes later, I noticed she was walking funny. I wondered aloud why? "Well," Uncle Jeremy said, " She had a spider web on her earlier."
Upon hearing the WORD spider, she emitted a terrified shriek and attempted to shimmy up my leg like it was a tree trunk. What? Now even the mention of a bug elicits such a response?

The next morning, she refused to set foot on the floor at Grandpa and Grandma's house without a panicked attempt to climb my leg and get away from the potential bugs.

I prayed with her about overcoming the fear and that Jesus would give her a brave heart. Since then, it's been a bit of a struggle. It gets old very quickly to carry her around on my now non-existent hip- pregnancy has a tendency to do that.

Today has been a bit better. Hopefully this is a short lived phase.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little tyke. I didn't realize someone so young could be so afraid of bugs with out the example of such from someone else. Ya just never know what is going to spark a bad response. So sorry little one. ac