Thursday, April 22, 2010

Obedience and protection

I'm so grateful for God's protection. I'm also very grateful Lucas choose to obey the first time and quickly.
Alyssa and I were walking home from the park with the kids. You have to cross the road with the blind corner to reach the house.
There is a little peek hole through the trees to check for oncoming cars. Alyssa looked and gave Lucas the go ahead to cross. But just at that moment I saw a car come speeding. I yelled for Lucas to stop and and come back as a white car driven by a young man came barreling around the corner much faster than the 25 mph speed limit.
This man looked and SAW Lucas in the road and didn't even slow down. I'm not one to call names. But what a JERK! He almost hit and killed my son because he was speeding. I'm so grateful Lucas stopped and turned around when I called him.
He was one frightened little guy, bursting into tears. I praised him on his quick response in obedience. I praise GOD that my little boy wasn't hit.

2 comments:

JeneƩ said...

Wow that scares me just reading it! So glad he obeyed and everything is ok!!

Anonymous said...

shoot, no joke, that is scary. I'm glad he understood the yell in your voice meant OBEY immediately!

xo
Jen