Sunday, April 25, 2010

And the wait is on...

38 weeks, 2 days. That is where I am. Do I have 12 days left? Only time will tell.
I've been bouncing back in forth a bit between two midwives for my appointments. They both tell me different things.
Susan is a friend of mine. She's been doing cervical checks for me the past few weeks as my midwife has been trying to stay in a central location to all her due mommas.
Last week I was 2 cm. station -2, and soft cervix. I was excited. It didn't mean labor was imminent but that I was making progress.
My midwife was here yesterday. Baby was higher, station -3. She considers my cervix to fingertip dilated. But showing me how open it is, it's about the same as last week. Cervix is externally very soft. It has what she calls a hard core. This isn't the mucus plug. It simply means that I'm not quite ready to have this baby.
Last week I measured 39 weeks. This week it's 37 weeks. Again Sherry says that in her mind not to expect baby until I'm measuring 40 weeks. I do know that my measurements change based on the position of the baby.
I know that my dates are correct. Not a doubt. I've been measuring where I need to be all along. We'll see when Miss Abigayle decides to join the family. I look pregnant enough that I'm already hearing, "you're still pregnant?!"
Depending on my courage levels, at this point in pregnancy I want to hibernate at home- no church. It's discouraging to still be coming to church with a Buddha belly.
We'll see... I'm thinking of telling people I still have 2 more weeks next Sabbath instead of 1 week. Is that a lie? Then I won't hear anything about being overdue if I show up to church the following week still pregnant- 1 day past due date.
I'm not that uncomfortable. Just ready to meet this munchkin. I am a bit nervous too. A friend of mine from college was pregnant with her 4th boy, her due date several days before mine. She gave birth this past Tues to a stillborn little boy. Thing can and do go wrong. Please pray for my baby's safe arrival.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Thinking of you lots these next few weeks! Praying for a healthy baby girl. =)

Anonymous said...

you are in my thoughts, and in my heart, and so is this little baby girl! I can't wait to meet her!

No need to feel embarassed about still being pregnant! That's just ridiculous if people actually mean it - they are probably just teasing for the sake of hearing their teeth rattle in their skills.

Chris sure is excited to be having another neice, as you can tell he jumped the gun and told everyone you had popped! That just cracked me up. He's a very proud uncle.

I'm hoping to bring dad over to WW this coming weekend! He and I can stay @ Reg's place - not sure it will happen, but I need to be back with Chris, and things are just dragging on out here, so I need to get back home. That means I'm not sure I'm gonna make it to Abigayle's introduction to life, which makes me sad, but as Chris pointed out, I've got three+ chances in the future, lol!

xoxox
Jen

JeneƩ said...

Praying for you and a healthy baby!