Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pride goes before a fall...

During the lessons study at Sabbath school the teacher asked if anybody knew why there was going to be a flood. My son pipes up, " To wash away the wickedness in the earth!" "I couldn't said that better myself." teacher Sarah replied.
A few minutes later she asked, "Why did God give us the rainbow as a promise?" Lucas again replied, " so that we'd know he wouldn't cover the earth with a flood to wash away earths wickedness again!"
I was bursting my mommy buttons. That's MY boy!
While waiting to in line at potluck a rather rotund visitor made his laborious way to the line. Lucas stands up and hollers, "MOM LOOK AT THAT FAT MAN!!" This was repeated several times before I got him to lower his voice and ask me his questions. "Momma, is he fat or does he have a baby in his tummy, " he whispered. I assured him that he was fat, no baby. Men don't have babies.
My mommy pride was a bit bruised after that declaration.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'M HYSTERICALLY LAUGHING! TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xox
Jen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to tell Reg about this!!!!!!!!!!!!

xo
Jen

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! ac