Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy 1st week!


The first week has flown by... What a precious new addition to our family. She brings so much joy. At the same time, I always forget how much longer it takes to go anywhere or do anything with a brand new baby. Inevitably there is a feeding, being burped up upon, or a poopy diaper that requires a whole outfit change.
She sleeps a lot- of course. Her feedings really vary. Sometimes it's 5 hours apart at night to maybe an hour between. Either way, she is gaining weight. She is now a whopping 7 lbs 8 oz.
Lucas loves to hold her- surprisingly he can do so without help. Abrianna points to Abigayle and says, "A'gayle!" Then to herself, "A 'anna". She does her best to share toys and water cups as well.
We're still working on making sure that the older ones love cups aren't neglected.
I've had an abundance of help from my family. Rick took last Friday off and spent it with the kids. My mom and youngest brother came up on Sunday night from CA. It was nice to have an errand runner and house cleaner. Mom is so thorough. In fact, yesterday she and Alyssa pretty much scoured my house and did all the laundry including folding it. So nice to be left with a clean house.
Today is my first day at home with all three kids by myself. It's been relatively easy. I've very low expectations. We spent an hour outside this morning.
The downside of today is all the gross messes. Abigayle slept so well last night. I didn't get up once. The downside was when I did get up my pad overfilled. TMI , I know.
Then Abrianna pooped all the way up to her shoulder blade. Bath time with plenty of soap. Abigayle's gotten me a couple of times with burp up and once peed making it look as if I'd wet my pants. Clean clothes for both of us.
All in all though an easy day.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing well. I love the pic's of you and your little family. Thank you Rachel. ac