Tuesday, May 4, 2010

How long now?

I've reached that time... That time where I've started receiving phone calls and messages to see if my baby has arrived. That time when I dread going to church and hearing, "what you're still pregnant? How much longer do you have?"
It's amazing to me how many people expect me to be able to "just have that baby!" As if by saying it, I have the power to press a button and magically make my baby come out. Oh, if only that were so!
I think in some ways, before modern medicine, that it may have been easier for women to have a date range of when baby may come. Not a specific day to count down to. Then maybe there weren't so many questions asking why your baby hasn't come yet. Last I checked, my baby can't read a calendar.
So, for now... I'm passing the time by scheduling things. Yesterday I had a prenatal check and then cleaned like a mad woman all day. Sherry's ( midwife) assessment yesterday is that all systems are go. My cervix is ripe, mucus plug gone and dilated to 3 cm. I could go anytime within the next week. That combined with my boundless energy served to make Rick a little nervous. He requested to see the birthing pool so he'd know how to set it up if I requested in the middle of the night.
I did MOPS this morning, picked up all those sticks in the backyard from yesterdays wind storm, walked down to the store for some produce, and then drove back to the store with my boy in tow to pick out ice cream for his upcoming birthday next week.
Tomorrow? Bread baking and a massage. We'll see what else.
Thursday is empty. I may have to do a play date.
Friday? Another massage. Gotta keep from dwelling on when "IT" will happen.

To those of you who think I may not tell when baby's born... Fear no more! I'll be shouting it from the roof tops. I hope to be able to show my little girl off all my well friends when the time has arrived.

Until then... Who knows. I'll probably not be blogging much. Have a hard time focusing on anything other than my impending labor and delivery of my precious baby.

Oh and by the way... I think my energy surge yesterday was partially because I'm FINALLY done watching Jojo! YEAH!

5 comments:

Shana said...

Are you done watching Jojo forever or just for a maternity leave? The baby will come in her own time. I found that walking clear around Bennington Lake worked for me. But I'd hate to go into labor half way around. Maybe your surge of energy is the 'nesting' that happens before the delivery. For your sake let's hope so. ;)

JeneƩ said...

Thinking of you in the next few days :)Maybe a Mothers day present!

Rachel said...

Shana,
I'm done with Jojo FOREVER! I did the Bennington Lake thing with Abrianna too and it worked.
Jenee,
I hope you are right!

Laura said...

Can't wait to hear about your labor and see pictures of the baby!! It'll probably be a fast one, in the middle of the night... ;)

Qwerty said...

Mom always told me that an energy surge is a sign that labor is imminent! Apparently she was right! Congrats Rachel!

xoxoxoxox
Jens