Monday, July 13, 2009

Abrianna's arm

I woke at a quarter to 6:00 this morning, eagerly anticipating 8:00 and the opening of Dr. Hutson's orthopedic clinic.
I know the hour was early. Maybe some of the rest of you can understand, when you have a deadline, sleep can evade you.
I snuck out of bed and began my day. Cleaned off my table and counters, took a shower, unloaded the dishwasher.
Lucas awoke ( he'd climbed into my bed in the wee hours of the morning). He'd somehow wet my bed with his diaper on. Don't know how, but oh well.
About 7:00 I called Dr. Hutson's office. They called back within 45 minutes and Abrianna was scheduled to see him at 12:30.
This morning was coolish. Upon Josephine's arrival we all went on a 2 mile walk to the golf course and back. Lucas laid down for a rest when we got back. Jojo fell asleep while feeding. Abrianna attempted to "help" with the feeding intermittently riding my foot and shoving a book on to my lap exclaiming, brrrmmm brmmm, translation , book book.
Laid Jojo down and read to her for awhile. Made arrangements to drop Jojo off with her mommy at the bank. Tiffany offered to take Lucas.
Tim and Laura with their boys came over for about an hour in there to try out our new trampoline. Lucas loved jumping with Peter. Abrianna was frustrated and couldn't understand why she wasn't allowed to jump too. Poor girl.
We hit the road about 11:50 only 5 minutes behind schedule. Lucas was dropped off at Jaden's house, Jojo at the bank, and we made it to the appointment with 5-10 minutes to spare.
I amazed at how much paper work being a new patient can entail. I think I filled out 4-5 sheets of paper with 3-4 of them double sided. I had to guess at the answers on some. Abrianna doesn't communicate well enough to tell if the pain is constant and what seems to help.
When we were in ER on Friday, Dr. Underhill told me that her break was fairly minor and that he thought a splint would be better than a cast. Dr. Hutson reiterated the same info. He said she should wear until it didn't hurt 3-4 weeks.
He said that with little people, their arms are so pudgy that they can and do pull off permanent cast. If she pulls of the splint ( which she has several times) I can always put it back on. The splint is also easier for bathing or swimming.
By the time I'd picked up Lucas and made it back home the clock read 2:15. Jojo's mommy opted to keep her for the remainder of the day.
A blessing as my early rising was beginning to catch up with me.
Did a massage and the other normal things of being a wife and mommy and housekeeper.
Such was my day. I'm going to end it now by retiring early 9:08.
Good night all.

0 comments: