Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In the news...

Presidents day dawned lazily. Rick was home, amazingly our bed wasn't mobbed by three squirming little bodies.

Lucas didn't join us at all- unusual for him. He loves his cuddle time.

I heard him banging around in the kitchen, apparently messing with the disaster from building tin can stoves with daddy yesterday.

A bit later, he crawled up to my bed, proudly announcing that he'd made us breakfast. Yes, the table was set with full bowls of milk, sodden corn flakes and peanut butter. He said, "I thought it would be a nice thing to do, so you wouldn't have to fix breakfast."

My heart summarily melted in a giant puddle.

In other news items... Saturday night driving home from a Sabbath School get together through the main drag of Walla Walla ,Abrianna burst out, " I don't see my home!" "oh, no! Where did it go?" I replied. Her little face puckered up and she fairly wailed, "I DON'T KNOW!"
Did I ever mention my little red head is a home body?


Abrianna in prayer last night, " I love momma, and dada, and Wucas, and A'gayle and me, and wucas, and me and momma and dada..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Lucas is incredibly thoughtful!!!!!!!!!! What a sweet boy!! I am super impressed!

And Abrianna's prayer... lol!!!

xo
Jen

Anonymous said...

Lucas, I am so impressed that you are such a thoughtful boy to make your Mom and Dad breakfast! Love, Grandma Melody