Thursday, February 3, 2011

He answers before we ask....

I stand humbled and awed at God's protection.
Several days ago, Lucas woke up soaking wet and asked if he could have a bath. He always bathes by himself, barring momma washing his hair.
"Sure go ahead," I mumbled and turned over in exhaustion to reenter dream land. for another hour.
Later in casual conversation, "momma, I got black marks on my jammie pants." "Oh? How did you do that?"I asked "On the heater." he replied.
Lucas decided to dry his pj's and warm his littlest sister towel on the 1955 cherry red hot wall heater in the bathroom. Both bear charred reminders of their of their contact with the red hot heater.
I am humbled and grateful for God's protection. It could have been so bad! Our whole home could have started on fire before I'd known what was going on. I could have lost some of my children like a family did in a neighboring town this week.
This did turn out to be a teachable moment. We discussed what we should do if there is a fire and where we should go. Now the challenge will be remembering to remind them periodically so the information sticks.

3 comments:

babymakes5 said...

So glad the Lord was protecting your sweet boy this week.I drove by the house yesterday and I just couldn't help but cry a man was standing out there bawling and trying to go thru the rubble of the building.

Anonymous said...

wow, that is super sad for that family that lost their home/family members.

~Jen

Anonymous said...

Scary! I'm glad Lucas' guardian angels were on duty! Love, Grandma Melody