Sunday, July 24, 2011

Play gone awry.

My great aunt and uncle were visiting from CA. My children have love love loved! playing with their Uncle Ernie. Abrianna and Uncle Ernie where in a playful game of tug-of-war while I was putting away our haystack beans from lunch. Happy giggles turned into pain-filled wails as she gripped her wrist!  Rick was discerning the seriousness of the injury. Glancing up and seeing her pasty face, I knew. A dislocated elbow, AGAIN! I had believed we were past that as it's been more than a year and a half since her last one.
I moved to the living room and attempted to relocate it as I have done in the past... to no avail. It WOULD NOT pop back.
I began wracking my brain as to who we might call who could fix her elbow avoiding paying $500 for an ER trip. In the mean time, Aunt Florene had taken the job of soothing Abrianna while applying a bag of frozen green beans to her elbow.
Rick disappeared into his office, while I called a client who's husband is a pediatrician. Yes, he would help us. I announced to Rick that I had a solution, to which he replied he did too. He had found a video from Youtube.com  of a doctor giving instruction on relocating a nursemaids elbow. I couldn't stomach doing it again. So I tried to stay away from the process. Alas, my avoidance attempts were to no avail.  I had to come and help hold her still. Two attempts later it was all the way back into place and she could move her arm once again. Praise God! Thank you Rick for being able to stomach the job and Youtube.com for the instructional video.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick, I'm terribly proud of you! Love, Mom