Monday, April 9, 2012

Bravery... Or Not...

The monthly Sabbath School socials are a great way to socialize. March's was at the YMCA for a swim party followed by a potluck lunch.
My kids were jazzed about swimming. with daddy ( I acquiesced to avoid trying to squeeze my 6 month pregnant belly into my non- pregnant swim suit).
The older two relished the water. Abrianna attached herself to Celina and Lucas paddled around in his life jacket. Abigayle? Well, Abigayle my previous water baby, came unglued. The noise? The water? Those may have been contributing factors but the clincher was Daddy disappearing under the water for undetermined amounts of time.
The crying was almost non-stop for the whole hour the pool was rented. A few times she sorta calmed down. The ladies looked safer than Daddy after he dunked big sister under the water against her protests.
My girl MUST need more exposure to the pool atmosphere and water. This will be difficult. Planning swimming lessons for the older two in the end of June beginning of July. But I'm not thrilled with the thought of a mom and tot class at 9 months pregnant. Guess we'll see how it all shakes down.

0 comments: