Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Flies! Flies! everywhere!

Her cries pulled me from my sleep. Thoughts of "Did she have a nightmare? What was she crying about? Why can't she and I just sleep?" ran through my mind.
She ran into my room and scrambled onto my bed. "What's wrong Abrianna?" I asked. "The flying things are gonna get me!" she wailed. So, it must be a nightmare right? I thought. "Why don't you sleep on the floor in here?" That didn't work. She still cried about flying things that were gonna get her.
Dragging my very pregnant body out of bed, taking her by the hand, we stumbled to her room where I tucked her back into bed. I turned on a Bible story and sat down next to her, stroking her cheek. Her eyes slid shut. Only to pop back open and she burst into tears about those flying things that were gonna get her.
Honestly I was starting to get a little uneasy about those flying things by now. We prayed together and tried to go to sleep again.  I lay next to her. Her eyes flew open and she burst into panicking tears as she declared that those flies ( whew, not bats) were now crawling on me.
Ok, now this still wasn't working so we went back to my room and tried to lay down in my bed -again. The panicking and tears about those flies crawling on her continued. No sleep for either of us and she was disturbing Daddy and Abigayle.
I thought we might try rocking in my chair. No go. This didn't work either. An hour had passed. Rick came stumbling out of our room carrying Abigayle who'd woken up wanting mommy. Oh boy, I was at the point of tears now too.
We all trooped back into my bedroom. I encouraged Abrianna to cuddle up to daddy cause he would protect her. That worked for a few minutes. But daddy can't sleep with anybody touching him. So back she came to me.
I told her I'd protect her and wrapped both arms firmly around her. Amazingly, thankfully, it worked. The flies disappeared and we slept.
I'm completely mystified as to what even caused that episode. No fever. And she remembered it this morning. Any ideas?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhh my goodness! What a stor - poor little thing. Did she eat any mushrooms or plants from your yard?

Rick should dig up your entire yard and turn it into a garden. That way, the kids can pick, eat, and rub anything on each other that they want to :).

Auntie Jen