Saturday, March 1, 2008

Important pregnancy update

Hello All,

Some of you have probably heard this news- others maybe not. While in California last week with Lucas, I wound up in Doctors Hospital in Modesto with contractions 1-2 minutes apart. After several shots and three hours of observation the nurse was able to get them stopped.
Due to a negative fetal fibronectin test, I was allowed to come home to Washington the following day.
My mom and dad sent Alyssa with me. What a Godsend! I thought I'd just have to take it easy when I got home. But that wasn't the case. With my midwife's permission, I did a massage the following day while seated. I had contractions 2 minutes apart for over 6 hours. That happened even while taking medication to stop them. Finally by doubling the doses, taking an epsom salt bath and sipping some wine they stopped.
I'm on bed rest. My target date is April 1st. I only have 32 days left. If Abriahnna were born now, she'd more than likely be okay. But she'd have to spend a month in NICU.
I'm spending my days reading, croqueting, watching DVD's etc.
If any of you have the time I'd love to have you call just to visit. You wouldn't believe how boring being "queen bee" can be!
Any prayers for our little girl would be greatly appreciated. Every day she stay inside is one day we won't have to be in NICU in Spokane.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Was that Crocheting or croqueting? I wouldn't suggest croqueting for a mother on bedrest. Especially the way my wife plays.

-Tim

Jamie Allen said...

Hey Rachel, it's your cousin Jamie, Sylvia's daughter. I wanted to congratulate you on your upcomming addition to your family. So excited for you guys eventhough you are on bedrest, yuck. You are in our thoughts. Take it easy and like you said everyday she stays inside is one less day she will have to be at the hospital. Best wishes. ~Jamie~