Saturday, March 29, 2008

Wow! Three days left till the home stretch. I'm off bed rest on Tuesday. With Alyssa's help we have baby's clothes washed and sorted. I think we'll have enough. I pulled out the unisex colored clothes from Lucas. I didn't realize how many yellow clothes he had!
I'm going to Sabbath School and church today. Everyone stayed home with me last week. My spirits are better this week. I "feel" like being more social today.
My midwife will be here today to check me. I'm curious as to whether anything has changed or not. I haven't seen her in 2 weeks. I hope that I've progressed some. I'm so ready to be done with being pregnant.
As scary as labor and delivery can be... my attitude at this point is "BRING IT ON!". My mom has always told me that God does that on purpose. If we pregnant women were comfortable at the end of pregnancy we wouldn't have the courage to have our babies. I really believe that.
We're planning on going to a friends birthday party tonight. Its going to be nice to be out twice in the same day.
Strangely as the date appr0aches for me to be off bed rest, my contractions are fewer and farther between. I also can do a lot more before my uterus starts contracting. I may just make my due date 24 days from now.
I'm vain. I'm nervous about going to church looking and feeling like a beached whale. Rick tells me this is only temporary and that I look nice today. Boy, I hope he's right! I couldn't find but one of my three dress shirts today. Oh well... Blue shirt with a black skirt isn't the end of the world, right???
That's enough of my ramblings. I may post again if there has been any changes to my cervix.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You looked beautiful today, Rachel! :) Keep your spirits up -- you will have a gorgeous baby girl soon! I know how long the last few weeks of pregnancy can be, but it'll be over before you know it!

Tammy said...

Rachel, even though I don't get to see you, I can't imagine you looking like a beached whale. I love what pregnancy does to a woman's figure and you are no exception!! You are beautiful to me always, cousin!