Sunday, February 14, 2010

More on life

I've been awake since 5:00, forcing myself to lay in bed until 6:00. It's really interesting to know that God made pregnant women to start waking during the night as they enter the homestretch of pregnancy.
I finally gave up. Took a bath then came out to to eat a kiwi. (I'm starving this early in the morning!)
I'd like to make something special for a Valentines day breakfast for my family-heart shaped muffins or french toast. We'll see...
Friday I had a reassuring conversation with Doreen ( Jojo's momma). She's a commercial loan officer at a local bank. She gave me so hard numbers to look at. I feel much more comfortable with idea of investing in a rental/owner occupied duplex now. I'm really relieved.
If we buy a duplex, we don't need to be in a hurry or stressed out to sell our current home and move. Maybe we'll rent this house out. Who knows?
In a worse case scenario we'd be "stuck" with about $1700 a month in house payments between the two places. It's would be tight, but doable.
Tomorrow, being President's day, we both have the day off may go looking. If we can arrange to view some of these properties, then we'll throw in a trip to the Olive Garden as well. Yummy!

Today I'm hoping to do shopping and laundry and belly dancing. It's strange how priorities adjust since I have little ones on the inside and the outside. I would've been horrified at the lack of what I get done now, 5 years ago. I'm working on giving myself grace.
Oh well, I'm done rambling. Hopefully I'll have something funny or cute to share next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear some kinks are being worked out of the "what ifs" list.

You should see if someone can babysit the kids while you and Rick go view houses together and visit Olive Garden!

xo
Jen

Anonymous said...

Goodness, don't worry about writing something cute or sweet. We just like to have a window into your world. Sounds like some of the turmoil has settled down abit?
Baby sitter sounds like a good idea. ac