Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What's been happening?

This may seem really redundant. Why do I post about bugs so often? This seems to make up my life of late.
About 2 weeks ago, Jojo came down with a nasty snotty nose, which has slowly but surely progressed into a cough and fever. Her daddy picked her up yesterday afternoon and took to the doctor. Without running tests, she was diagnosed with RSV.
Yesterday was exceedingly rough! She took 2 hours to shut down enough to take her morning nap. I was occupied either holding her or making sure she stayed laying where I'd put her from 9:00-11:00+.
This would've been much easier to handle, but... After several nights of poor sleep, I've succumbed to the the RSV too.
While Jojo was gone at the doctors with her daddy, I attempted to nap. Abrianna chose to lay in her bed crying for at least 35 minutes of the 45 I laid down.
The combination of the above made me decide to move Lucas out of his current swimming lessons that were supposed to have started that afternoon to the next session.
I lieu of the swimming lessons, I bundled everybody up and we walked for about a half an hour. Lucas and Abrianna were cheerful on the walk. Jojo fell asleep for a little while.
Towards 4:00 she wanted another nap. Poor thing couldn't get comfortable enough to go to sleep and she started running a fever. I called her mommy to come and get her- which she did but not until about 5:00.
No energy or inspiration to make anything for supper. I ordered from the local taqueria. Rick watched the munchkins while I picked it up.
After supper, I lay on the couch. My children quickly grabbing books scrambled up beside me to be read too.
Rick loaded the dishwasher to take a bit of the burden off of me. I bathed the kids, read them a story as they snuggled next to me in the bed- the best part of the whole day!
Unfortunately last night, they both gave into the fevers and sore throats. It could've been worse. They only woke me up 4 times last night for brief periods.
I'm praying for strength today. By God's grace and through HIS strength I will be a much nicer mommy today.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there little mama! Bless our dear sweet heart! ac