Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Alas...

As most of you probably already know.... Lucas developed pink eye last Thursday night. I tried home remedies on it for several days but then decided to try the drops. Maybe they'd work faster.
I need to be doing massages, and my clients don't want to share pink eye with us.
Sunday we trekked into the on-call pediatrician to get the drops. I learned that he should no longer be contagious 24-48 hours after starting drops and not having discharge. Yeah! I will be able to go to MOPS on Tuesday.
I thought to be on the safe side that Lucas ought to enjoy some father/son time. So I arose early, did my worship and hit the shower.
Abrianna woke. Rick put her on the floor, where she proceeded to search for me tears streaming down her cheeks and wails emanating from deep within. She found me in the shower. The wails continued until I got out.
Alas, both of her little eyes were very icky and goopy. So much for heading to MOPS.
Next best thing was to make a nice breakfast for us and enjoy my precious treasures. Hopefully I'll catch the next meeting in February.
I must go. A dirty diaper is calling for me. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha.

Happy Obama Inauguration Day, huh?!

~Jen

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get to go to MOPS! But..... sl
Yup, Jen! What a historical and exciting day! It took a longggggggg time to come.sl