Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday night

Tonight Rick, Reggie, Cousin Danny, and Grant took off for a hockey game in Tri-cites.
I generally feel very lonely on Saturday nights anyway- Rick disappears into the computer room to play WOW till the wee hours of the morning.
But tonight more I was singing the blues. I didn't have the option of having company. Thursday night Lucas' right eyes was a little goopy. I thought we'd gotten on top of it yesterday as it was looking a lot better.
But, I didn't apply anything to it during the night. After putting something on it this morning I left with Abrianna for church, leaving him home with his sick daddy. When I got back both eyes were red. I do believe that I"m going to have to take him to the doctor. I was hoping to avoid it. Sigh...
Anyway.... We enjoyed a Papa Murphey's black olive pizza, which we dressed up with mushrooms and roasted garlic, and an Italian Blood Orange Soda.
For entertainment, Lucas and I put on an old Jerry Lewis movie, "Jumping Jacks" . Abrianna went to sleep shortly thereafter. We had some good mommy/son time while putting together a 100 piece Noah's Ark floor puzzle.
Now its time for bed. The evening was more enjoyable than I anticipated. If I take the time... I really enjoy my kids.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, I'm glad you made the best of an evening alone...good job. :)

Anonymous said...

Yea, Saturday nights were meant for family and friends, popcorn and games, at least that was the way it was for me when I was growing up.
Anything else feels pretty lonesome. Glad you and your boy had a good time together though.
Sigh. I sure have missed your blogs. Glad you are back!sl

Anonymous said...

Laura and were pretty lonely when we went through the whole pink eye craze too. Thanks for not sharing!