Friday, September 5, 2008

Yucky Mommy

You know you begin to wonder about your cooking when you child insist its yucky. You all remember we're potty training. Well, Lucas asked for a bean burrito for lunch. I make my own beans. So after I gave it to him, he ate it for awhile. Then we began a perpetual argument that went something like this. "This yucky mommy. No its yummy Lucas." "This poop mommy. No, Lucas mommy wouldn't give you poop to eat." We went round and round about that for 5-10 minutes. I beginning to doubt my ability to make good beans. Then he stood up telling me it was yucky poop on his seat. I figured he'd gone in his pants. Wrong! He'd spilled beans in his lap. Maybe I need to go back and take a cooking class or something. Just look at what you guys get to look forward to Jenee' and Laura!

4 comments:

Laura said...

hahahhaha Lucas is too funny!! I can imagine the connection...not because your cooking is poor at all, Rachel! But beans do have the potential to look like poop. ;D

Jenee' said...

I have another year? Oh sounds great:) Can't wait ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I read this to Dad and he just cracked out!!!

I agree with Laura--your cooking isn't bad, but beans naturally look like poop!

I bet that any parent has to develop tough skin against what their kids say. I hear, Rachel, that with time, it only gets worse!!!!!!!!!

:)

Jen

Anonymous said...

How funny Rachel. What a hoot.
sl