Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Again???

Once a joint has sustained a dislocation, it's much more susceptible to another dislocation. I know this from my line of work. I have relocated partially dislocated shoulders more times than I can count.
Today was my first experience with an elbow. Just over a week ago, Lucas was trying to pull Abrianna up onto the bed by her left arm. It dislocated at the elbow. I watched the E.R. doctor put it through the range of motions to relocate it. I'm grateful now that I did watch so closely.
For today, Lucas tried to pull Abrianna back up onto his bed by the same arm. Low and behold, her left elbow dislocated. This time I knew what to do. Grasping her wrist in one hand and her elbow in the other, I flexed her arm while turning her wrist, first one way then the other. There was a pop and it relocated itself.
Thank GOD! No E.R. trip this time. All better.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Glad you knew what to do this time. ac