Sunday, January 10, 2010

What a day!

I hope this doesn't end up sounding like too much of a whine session. I love my children. I love being able to stay home with them. I love I have another one on the way. But all of these areas are not without their challenges.
Every single pregnancy, my back slips as hormones surge. I'd prided myself that here I'd made it past 20 weeks and my back hadn't slipped to the point of incapacitating me. Pride does proceed a fall. A week and a half ago, it let go.
When this happens, bending and sometimes walking becomes not only painful but at times impossible. Usually this will last 2 weeks.
Yes, I've tried physical therapy and chiropractics. Believe it or not, my back self corrects as quickly on it's own as it does with treatments. So, my treatment of choice is to take it easy and endure.
It's been a week and a half thus far. Usually I'm better in the morning than at night. Not today. I could barely walk this morning. Thankfully, Rick kept our kids while I gimped through my shopping trip. It was amazing that I finished and was home within an hour and a half.
One of my friends dad's works at Andy's and noticed my careful movements, volunteering to take my groceries out for me. Thanks Joe.
Consequently, I have done very little in my home today. This is very frustrating. I had big plans for some more de-cluttering and organizing. Sigh... If I get on the floor, I may not get back up.
After lunch, I sent my kidlets to their room for a nap, asking Lucas to help Abrianna up onto his bed.
Several minutes later, Abrianna came rushing out of the bedroom in tears, clutching her left arm. "Not again!" were my first thoughts. Followed by, " will they turn us into cps for child abuse?"
I scooped her up - as best as I could- and hobbled into the bedroom to ask Lucas what had happened. He said, " I was trying to get her up on the bed and I pulled her too tight and I broke her bone. That's what happened."
So off we headed to ER for the third time in 6 months for a possible broken bone. Rick insisted we go to St. Mary's this time. (We have new insurance that contracts with St. Mary's not general.)
We waited 10-15 minutes in the waiting room. Just before the Dr. came into to see us, Abrianna was playing on the floor and apparently twisted her arm. For all of sudden, she stopped guarding it and began using it normally. Dr. also relocated it. We opted to skip the x-ray and came home. I'm so grateful it wasn't broken.
The rest of the day was spent with my kids napping and me laying on the couch. I'm hoping to do something of value this evening.
I suppose I did make supper. Tried a new recipe out of Mothering magazine- Parsnip, potato, leek chowder. Definitely make again. It was good. My children enjoyed it too.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart Rachel, pregnancies are a real trauma to your body. I am so sorry! I am glad that it is worth it to you. Hang in there gal. ac