Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Double Trouble


Double trouble certainly fits my children today. They're having so much fun getting into mischief TOGETHER!
It started this morning when they went treasure hunting behind my sectional couch. I was working in the kitchen and they were pushing and pulling each piece away from the wall and finding things like "treasure" hangers.
Jojo arrived in the midst of this. I had to pick up all the trash and run the vacuum back there before it was safe for her to be down.
Next off they went to their bedroom- I just cleaned it yesterday- in search of Doc Hudson and Lightening McQueen. They merrily informed me that they were making a mess. All the toys were pulled out of the drawers and piled in the room. I supervised and helped with that mess just before nap time.
Several of the items on my to do list for the day were grinding grains for flour and baking bread. I poured about 2 cups of barley flour into a container in the process.
Next I moved onto the bread making. Lucas wanted and did help out with measuring and pouring. I left it mixing with Lucas in charge of turning off the machine and timer when they went off. I guess a guy can get kind of bored just watching the kneading process. For what did he do, but scatter the barley flour all over the floor, his head, and the rug. He and Abrianna laid on the tummies licking it off the floor like a couple of little puppy dogs. He swept up the floor a little while later.
I had some boiled eggs to peel. I asked Lucas if he wanted to do it. Of course! That didn't seem like a mess maker. Except he took an egg yolk, scattering on the couch and the tile floor.
Whew! He had to sweep that up too. I don't know what the rest of the day will entail.
For now, they are laying down for their afternoon rest.
Oh and if you might think I simply wasn't watching them... I wasn't. Jojo is working on her second tooth and is a HUGE crank.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dood, I'm tired just from reading that!!! haha!

xo
Jen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like they had a good time anyway. Looks like it too. grin ac