Thursday, June 4, 2009

Frog noises



Abrianna made her own whistle or noise maker. Doesn't it sound like a frog?

Last night, I took my children for a walk to the golf course. Lucas took his dump truck with in preparation for playing there. But alas, there were golfers. We decided ( or Mommy decided) that it wasn't safe to play and we headed back.
All during the walk we were admiring the dark cloud formations. Lucas thought it was getting dark. At one point a large portion of them was shaped like half a star, very cool.
As we were approaching home, we began to see lightening and hear thunder. What was disturbing was a brownish wall quickly moving in from the west. I wasn't sure weather it was a wall of rain or a dust storm. We hurried into the house with just a couple of minutes to spare before the wind storm hit. Lucas was afraid as it was fairly dark. Then it seemed to lighten and I thought the storm had bypassed us. Into the tub went my munchkins.
A few minutes later, I was walking through the house and noticed how dark it had become again. I calmly went into the bathroom and informed my dear children that bath time was finished and it was time to get out due to the weather.
I tried to explain to Lucas that lightening can travel up pipes and electrocute people in bath tubs. His understanding was that the thunderstorm would sneak through the cracks and get him in the tub and kill him, sigh...
The storm raged onward through worship. Lucas' prayer consisted of, "Dear Jesus, please turn the thunder storm OFF! Amen."
All is well this morning. Cooler temperatures and several small branches need to be picked up. But all and all, not too bad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those "frog" noises sounds like a fat lady passing gas!!

haha! Uncle Reggie is polluting her, I'm afraid. The ungodly son-of-a-gun.

:)

It cooled off here last night as well. I was expecting a storm, but all that hit was some heavy wind and VERY cool temperature! Thank goodness, too, because we just found out we have: NO AIR CONDITIONING. And I live on the top floor.

~Jen

Ingrid said...

we strangely enough had lightning and thunder this last week too, and Annalena kept praying "please let us not get hit by lightning! and let Daddy not get hit by lightning..." it was sweet, although she was scared, and the thunder was loud for here... :)

Tammy said...

I'm with Lucas on that thunder stuff. I don't like it one bit! We also had the wind barrel through the Portland area. Robert and I were out in it when it started, a nasty brownish gray. Very unusual for here.

Anonymous said...

O Jen! What a hoot! So uncle Reggie is polluting her huh! lol ac