Friday, June 5, 2009

Mother's day present

"Come here baby!" says Lucas

Lucas was trying to feed the chicks feed from his bobcat bucket.

It's a struggle to keep her out of the coop. She thinks that it must be her special little fort.

This chick is big enough to flutter to the top of the coop. Must be about 4 feet high.

This year for Mothers' day Rick started building me a chicken coop. I've wanted chickens for years and we finally broke down and got some. Technically the chicks belong to Lucas. We used some birthday monies from his great grandparents to purchase them and their apparatuses.
The coop belongs to me :-0
Considering the many hours that went in to it... It means much more than simply a meal out or flowers. Thanks Rick!
I'm also very happy to have those stinky little birds outside where they belong! No more scrubbing chicken droppings off my massage room floor. Whew! I'm sure my clients will appreciate the lack of farm air in there.
Actually the birds have been in there coop for at least a week. I'm just really behind in my blogging.
Hope you all have a great Sabbath!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, that's kind of gross you kept them in your massage room to poop on the floor!

You guys crack me up!!

~~Jen

Anonymous said...

I want chickens! That's soooo cool you got some!

I did get my worm ranch put together last night, so I'm doing some sort of "ranching" :D

~Jen

Anonymous said...

I got some clarification -- they didn't keep the chicks on the floor, but rather in a box, but one every once in awhile would escape before it could be thrown back into the box and would try to fertilize the carpet.

Understandable!

Anyway, that chicken coop Rick built looks absolutely gorgeous. When I get a place where I can have chickens, I'm gonna ask him to build me one, too!

I need to learn how to work with tools and build stuff.

~Jen

Shana said...

Nice coop!!

Anonymous said...

Tell Rick I'm very, very proud of him for building this lovely chicken coop. It looks great!!!! This is from his Mom.