Sunday, October 5, 2008

Acting out


Yesterday was an eventful day! Rick, Lucas, and Abrianna decided to rise and shine at 8:00. Thank God! Rick took pity on me and I got to sleep for an hour by myself. Then Abrianna and I had another hour of rest before lunch!
I'm really grateful for that. I felt lousy. I've succumbed to my children's bugs. Abrianna's tooth has finally burst through !Yeah!! Hopefully she'll be in less pain now.
Lucas was feeling left out. I locked him out of the bathroom while I took baths with Abrianna. Twice yesterday he intentionally dumped full cups of water on the floor at two different times. He wet his pants. Peed in his pull-up and then while in the bathtub, I told him he could put his train soap all over except his face and head. When he called me to shower him off... notice the only places he has his train soap.
I can use any prayers any body's willing to send up for us. I don't know how to deal with all those and other new situations. I don't know if his love cup is just too empty or if he's testing me.
Today has been better. Abrianna only got me up once during the night. Hurrah! I feel so much more rested.

9 comments:

Shana said...

When I first saw this photo I was thinking it was shaving cream and he was copying daddy. Guess that is not the case, eh? Hang in there.

Laura said...

Things will get better! We all have bad days/weeks. Giving Lucas attention won't hurt, but you've gotta take care of yourself first! So glad Abrianna's feeling better!

Anonymous said...

shoot, Rachel. This is tough business!

~Jen

Anonymous said...

Sigh! How I long to help take the pressure off.
Yes, I am praying for you.
SL

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you! Stacie

Qwerty said...

Rachel, when Auntie SL prays, God hears. You can count on it.

Thoughts, hugs, and prayers,
Jen

Jenee' said...

Well I don't want to make you feel like you can't get stressed or complain but look on the bright side you still have your husband and things will get better. Life is a challenge.

Rachel said...

You are so right, Jenee'. You and Maddaly are in my prayers and thoughts!

Anonymous said...

haha, the first thing I think of is, deal with it! :) But, there are many challenges with motherhood, I believe the more we complain the more we feel sorry for ourselves and then we have bad attitudes and our kids pick that up. Every day is a new day to start fresh, so start every day as if the one before (if it was a bad one!) didn't happen :)