Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sick tummy and awesome husband

At 2:30 am, I woke up with a stomach ache. Maybe its gas... Well, it was and a whole lot more- some intestinal bug. Rick didn't realize I was sick until he got up at 5:50 to take a shower and his family was missing.He found me in the extra bedroom on the futon with our children cuddled on either side of me.
As he was getting into the shower, he asked if I needed him to stay home and take care of our kiddles. I decided yes.
He's been so good with them. He managed a dirty diaper change (yeah!!) dressing and feeding them. Also taking them outside to play. It's one thing to take care of them everyday all day and totally another to just have to take over like that.
Afterward the outdoor frolic, as Abrianna played on the bed beside me... She sneezed. A two- inch- long piece of grass came flying out of her NOSE! She wasn't fazed a bit. She'd had fun eating grass and leaves. Her outfit now sports has a grass stain on her left leg.
While Rick was taking care of her, she got up on her hands and knees and crawled a little ways. I'm glad he got to be the one to see it first. He misses a lot being gone 11 hours a day.
Yes, I'm feeling much better now. I can even keep food and drink inside :-)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Glad you're feeling better and so glad you had help today. Yay Rick! :) Keep mending...we missed seeing you tonight.

Anonymous said...

Bless your dear sweet hearts! What a dear "man" you have. sl

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Rick helped you so much. Go Rick!!! I'm proud of you. Your Mom