Saturday, October 4, 2008

A long night...

As I sit at my computer, it's 2:53 AM. I'm holding my restless baby girl. It seems she has caught big brother's bug. She's been running a fever for the past 3 hours. I've prayed. Her safety is in God's hands.
I'm always a little afraid when mt babies have fevers. The dr.'s have told me that the younger the age, the less able their little bodies can regulate it, and the more likely they are to have seizures.
Maybe this is tied to teething. She has two teeth almost ready to burst through the surface.
On a cuter note... She keeps growling at me- learned from big bro. I'm going to sign off and see if my precious daughter might be rocked to sleep.
Good night/morning and happy Sabbath!
6:49 AM. I'm up again. I praise God that when I'm weak (like now) HE's strong! It boggles my mind on how little sleep I can function on.
I was finally able to lay down on the couch with my fevered sleeping baby. A little while later I head, "Rachel? Yes, Rick? Where are you? On the couch. Why? Abrianna has a fever and wouldn't sleep in bed. Lucas is asking for you. I'm sorry, I can't take him. Ok" Then a few minutes little feet padding across the kitchen with the inquiry, "mommy??" Yes, Lucas"
He needed to use the bathroom. His daddy was taking care of it. This I didn't know. So, after answering Lucas he didn't want anything to do with dad. Up I got again. After he'd used the bathroom, he decided he was hungry, insisting on a whole banana.
I took him back to our bed, snuggling him between Rick and I. Eventually I hear a ,"Here mommy." as several slimy banana pieces are handed to me in the dark. I'm sure he probably wiped his hands on my bedding. I'm too tired to care. Then he kept telling me he was cold, shoving his feet beneath me. "Mommy, what are you doing? Sleeping!" This went on and on. After he'd fallen asleep, Abrianna kept waking and crying. I finally gave up and am back in the living room. She's sleeping over my shoulder after being nursed and rocked to sleep.
For those of you who go to my church... Don't expect to see me today :-( I believe the devil has fun trying to keep me away. The odds so far are out of the past 3 Sabbaths I've spent 2 at home with a sick child.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so sorry, Rachel! We had a rough night too. Not as bad as yours though. Peter was up between 11-12 as we drove home, WAY too late, and then woke again at 1:30 and cried his eyes out for a half hour or so. We woke at 6am...can't seem to sleep in. Arrgh. So we may be skipping church in order to sleep as well.

Anonymous said...

a big sad sigh for you! I wish I could take the babies off your hand for a weekend... maybe when they're older I can come hang out with them while you and Rick get some R&R time.

Love,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Bless you dear little mama. What a time of it you have had. Hope the Sabbath brought you a little rest. SL