Thursday, October 9, 2008

Train soap

Since mommy feeling better and able to spend more time filling his love cup,
Lucas is not acting out as much.
Though frankly I'm still not sure what to do about him hitting me. Yes, I've tried holding his hands, spanking, hugging, and telling him firmly that he isn't allowed to do that. Any ideas from you other moms?
He's such a funny kid. As I write this he's telling me he's a boy, a little boy, a tiny boy, a Harold Lucas Drake boy, " I live in WA WA Washington- translation walla walla Washington.
"I riding a horse" (a broom with the bristles towards the front)
Then he finished drinking his water. To which he declared, "Good Job Lucas! Yeah!"
I truly believe my children are a joy. Just harder to keep that in perspective if you've had several days of little to no sleep. I've gotten three nights of decent sleep in a row. Thank you Jesus!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a delightful little soul he is.
So glad that you have gotten some much needed sleep. That helps to put the "little darlings" back into perspective.
Ideas for hitting:
-ignore it? (probably a stage and will pass)
- SHORT period of isolation (minute or less) each time he hits? (no fun to be alone)
-Most of all, don't worry. He will grow out of it.
ac

Anonymous said...

I wish I could hear him talk. He sounds like such a delightful little soul. ac