Friday, February 6, 2009

About Lucas

Abrianna is at the age where she's changing so quickly, stories about her have been hogging the blog.This time it's Lucas' turn. Here are a few clips/stories about him.

I came down with a stomach/flu bug a couple of days ago. Lucas stepped up to the plate to be a helpful mother hen.
He repeatedly told me he was sorry, even as he tucked me in on the couch with blankets and pillows.
Knowing I was incapacitated, he willing picked up the living room at my request and with some prompting.
Then he tootled over to the drawer to get cups for himself and sister which he filled with water. Then he insisted I drink a full cup of water that he brought me, pausing part of the way through to peer into the cup and take a drink himself. He wouldn't leave me until the cup was empty. He thought the drink would make me better.

Last night when we'd walked into his room , flipping on the light, a jumping spider skittered across the door. After tucking him in, I said, "I hope you don't catch mommy's bug." To which he replied that he already had a bug, the spider that was crawling on the door. That's logical, isn't it? Later he told me he had a lady bug too.

I love watching and listening to his emerging intelligence. At the same time, it can be really scary. Rick recently gave up his World of War craft account to play something less addictive. It's a game the military uses to train their soldiers. You run around shooting other people with machine guns as their blood splatters.

I thought I'd been doing a good job keeping Lucas out of there. I learned otherwise. Lucas has been telling me that when he gets big he's going to have a gun and shoot people. SCARY! Rick agreed. He didn't know that the game would have that effect on a 2 year old. Consequently, the game wasn't on at all yesterday.

I suppose what I've learned from that is that we need to guard even more carefully what goes inot our childrens minds and pray pray pray!

P.S. The text color was Lucas idea :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update on Lucas!
I love the bug story! What a hoot!
Yea, kids are like little sponges when they are little. Actually we remain that way all of our lives. Scary thought! Encouraging thought also, depending on what is going into the sponge.
Loved the color of the text Lucas!
ac