Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Emerging intellegence

Rick took Lucas to Wing Chun with him this evening, leaving us with some girl time. While seated on my lap, I asked Abrianna if she had clap clap hands. To which she responded by clapping her hands. Smart girl.
I forget how early they understand. She sat on my lap through two full board books. Has a pretty good attention span
Auntie Jen has requested an update on my kids. I admit to neglecting my blogging lately. We've had several developments that have detracted from my blogging. Rick was laid off Friday due to the slowing economy.
A quick word about the picture. I braved the chilly temperatures today to ensure my son could play in his sand box. Abrianna decided towards the end that she would be happy standing next to the bee box and eating the sand that big brother accumulated therefrom banging his cars off. Perfect photo opportunity. I rushed into the house, returning with camera in hand. Sigh... Lucas had dumped the bee box over so instead of her being beside it she was inside it. Between that and the cold, she'd had it. The picture was my attempt at recreating my missed photo opportunity. Lucas was even obliging by banging off more cars. Abrianna had lost all enthusiasm. This is the best I got out of her.
But on the brighter side... Abrianna is developing by leaps and bounds. She stands very well and is attempting a faltering step occasionally.
Today I attempted to rest on the couch for 15 minutes. Ha, so much for that. My kids love me dearly- 5 minutes into it I hear, "Mommy, I want to cuddle wiff you". Several minutes later a little set of hands began to pluck at my shirt and little sister insisted she be included.
My dear children had a tussle over who had which side. I was startled by Abrianna's jealousy of big brother and how she wanted him to move over. I guess it starts early.
She snuck into Daddy's office today when Momma wasn't paying close enough attention. I walked into to retrieve her. She responded by saying, "nanananana!" all the way out the door. Lucas never experienced much of the no stage. We didn't use the word. He tells her all the time, " "NO baby!" She's learning far more than growling from him.
Rick took Lucas to Wing Chun with him this evening, leaving us with some girl time. While seated on my lap, I asked Abrianna if she had clap clap hands. To which she responded by clapping her hands. Smart girl. I forget how early they understand. She sat on my lap through two full board books. Has a pretty good attention span.
(There you go Auntie Jen, There's your update!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the munchkies grow up so fast! That is such a cliche statement, and waaaay overused, but still true despite the banality of it.

I was wondering if Lucas got the "No, baby!" from me? I know that is what I would tell him if he was getting into something... but I always made a point to say it in such a nice way it was more of a "aha! Let's NOT!" rather than a Superior Command of "NO!" I guess nuances don't matter with kids, only the hard cold facts of copy-catting the Higher Ups!

It KILLS ME looking at Abrianna's crying pictures! What a little cherub when those tears come down and the cheeks turn from pink to red!! I can't help but laugh and say poor baby all in the same breath!!

Thanks for the wonderful update Rachie!

~Jen