Thursday, February 19, 2009

More stories

Early yesterday morning, Lucas climbed into bed with me. He asked for a drink of water. So, like a good mommy, I got up and filled a cup of water for him. Upon returning to my bed in the dark, I whacked him in the head with the cup. Between his wails, he demanded, " WHY YOU DO THAT?? DON'T HIT ME, MOMMY!" Man, makes me sound like an abusive mommy. I felt awful. Lucas did take his drink of water after the blow to his head.
We all four slept for several more hours. Abrianna was the first to wake. I groggily watched her playing with the infamous cup of water. Picking it up, she began to give me drinks. I dutifully and enjoyably went along with her. She thought that was great. What a big girl to give mommy drinks!
Today, Lucas was climbing down from the table and slipped, crashing to the floor and bumping the back of his head. Rick picked him up to comfort him. I asked him where his owie was and he said he'd bumped the back of his head. I stood up and kissed him. Between his sobs he informed me he wanted me to give him his owie back! Huh? Okay, so I pretended to put it back on the back of his head. "Put me back in my chair. I want to conquer it. He success fully made it this time. What a wonderful attitude! He was obviously in pain and embarrassed but he wanted to get the better of that chair, not the other way around!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Cute! These stories are priceless Rachel!
Poor little tyke, but I love his conquering spirit. sl

Sweet Onion said...

I can totally hear Lucas, "Why you do that?"

Ohhhh, poor boy! Sounds like he was seriously bewildered!