Thursday, February 12, 2009

Caught in the act!

Lucas has been doing an excellent job of practicing kindness. I think we'll work on obedience next.
He was resting on his bed. He came trotting out, informing he needed to wash his hands. Wash his hands? All he'd had back there was an apple.
He had gotten into my herbal ointment for aches and pains, spreading it on his face and both hands.
After cleaning him up and firmly telling him he was NOT to do that again, I sent him back to his bed.
Several minutes later, out he trotted again, bone and tissue ointment spread all over his face an hands. Now the dilemma of how to discipline? I asked him what I should do for him disobeying me. He said he needed a spanking. What else could I do? I couldn't put him on time out. That where he got into trouble to begin with!
I think he now knows he is not to play in my ointment again.
On another note, we were looking at an ABC book this morning. On the Y page were some pictures of containers of yogurt. He thought we had some in the fridge. "No," I told him, "we don't." He insisted daddy must have eaten his "yoyerk" ( yogurt).
Guess maybe I should invest in some next time I go to town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious(sp?)little scamp! :)
Rachel, every time I read your blog I think, "What a good mother you are!"

Shana said...

Funny kids. Levi loves yogurt too.