Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The wanderer...

Last night I left Abrianna asleep on the floor with the baby monitor next to her. Rick and I retired to some relaxing couple time in the hot tub ( in 30 degree weather!).
After about 15-20 minutes I thought I heard a baby cry. Not on the baby monitor mind you. Just thought I heard a baby. Several minutes later, I thought I heard it again. Rick assured me that it couldn't be Abrianna. Wh,y the monitor was right next to her and we had the remote part with us.
10 minutes we were met at the door with a distant wailing. I set off in search of her. She wasn't in my bedroom ( where I'd left her), or the kitchen or the livingroom ( thankfully!). I finally found her in Lucas' room in the dark all the way on the other side of the bed, next to the far door trying to get out!
Talk about feeling awful! I don't know how long she'd been looking for me. Thank you God that she didn't get into anything dangerous while on her mommy hunt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHH~!!!! That is SOOOOO SAD! Poor sweet baby!!

That really sucks though, since it will be harder for you guys to get out to the tub for some quality R&R time. Hopefully you'll figure out an alternative.

Chris said Abrianna's eyes look like a large snowflake. I loved his description! Two big beautiful snowflakes.

~Jen

Anonymous said...

Poor little one, but glad it all ended well. It was good to have some couple time though. :) ac